The Malaysian soccer team, led by coach Kim Pan-gon, caught the ‘defending champion’ Thailand in the first leg of the semi-finals of the ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Mitsubishi Electric Cup (Mitsubishi Cup).

Malaysia won 1-0 in the home game against Thailand in the first leg of the 2022 AFF Mitsubishi Cup semifinals held at Bukit Jalil National Stadium in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on the afternoon of the 7th.

Malaysia, who met Thailand, the champion of the previous tournament, took a victory in the first game at home and was placed in an advantageous position.

On the 10th, the two teams will compete to advance to the final by playing the second game at Thammasat Stadium in Pathum Thani, Thailand.

Malaysia, which won the championship for the first time in 2010, will challenge for the second championship in 12 years with coach Kim Pan-gon, who took the helm early last year.

Thailand, the team with the most wins in this tournament (6 times), is aiming for its 7th overall victory and its 2nd consecutive victory following the previous tournament.

Malaysia opened the goal first in the 11th minute.

When Rubentiran Bengadessan 메이저놀이터 dropped the ball from behind to his head, Faisal Halim took the right foot and scored the opening goal.

After receiving a blow, Thailand launched an all-out offensive, but in the 22nd minute of the first half, Tirasin Dangda tried a strong left-footed mid-range shot near the penalty arc and missed the goal.

Thailand had a 70%-30% lead in ball possession in the first half, and overwhelmed the opponent with 16 (2 effective shots)-3 (1 effective shot) in the number of shots, but all of them turned away from the goal post or were blocked by the defensive wall and returned to nothing.

Entering the second half, Malaysia almost scored an extra goal.

In the 10th minute of the second half, in a free kick situation, Thai goalkeeper Kitipong Putachuek, who came forward to the goal, failed to clear the ball properly, and Dominic Tan’s header went straight into the goal.

However, referee Kim Dae-yong later canceled the goal, saying that there was a foul by Malaysia prior to the scoring situation.

The 1-0 score was maintained in a messy situation.

In the 18th minute of the second half, Ekanit Panya’s left-footed shot rushed into the penalty area and was deflected off the face of Malaysian goalkeeper Sihan Hazmi. swallowed